- Created all of a piece with Jarrett and Tchen (both Chicago cronies of Obama) already installed, no chance for public input.
- Jarrett has no known prior feminist credits; Tchen's none mentioned since college.
- 'Council' has no staff, no meetings; both Jarrett and Tchen already have full time jobs with the Administration, and Jarrett already has other impressive titles.
- 'Councll makeup: "While the new council does not have Cabinet rank, the whole Cabinet, from the Secretary of Defense to the US Ambassador to the United Nations, is required to serve on it." "The members are all Cabinet Secretaries and the heads of numerous federal agencies." http://www.fem2pt0.com/?p=855
- "It will be headed by Valerie Jarrett, assistant to the president and one of his closest friends and advisors, and will include every Cabinet secretary and the head of every Cabinet-level agency. The Executive Director of the Council will be Tina Tchen, deputy assistant to the president and a long-time advocate of women's rights. We asked for a Cabinet-level office to work on women's issues, and we got the entire Cabinet." Kim Gandy, NOW
Saturday, March 14, 2009
Bah, probably humbug: - Jarrett and Obama's 'Council on Women and Girls'
Reasons for scepticism, in no particular order: